Monday, May 25, 2009

A quick one

I have quite a bit of news to share... changes are coming. Linda has left this part of the world. She is currently in England with old and new friends doing a Ruhi book 5 study for two weeks before she heads back to her beloved Iceland. I am happy for her - I know how much she was looking forward to her trip to England and to being home in Iceland where apparently the Faith is having some good growth. She is going back with some great skills and I know she'll be a great asset to her community.

The community was really sweet saying good-bye to her. She hadn't planned on having a despedida (a good-bye party) but the very last night she was there they threw something together at the Baha'i center and many people came to wish her well in the future, tell her how much they appreciated her service in the community, and to assure her that she would always be welcome back in Progresso.

I am also getting ready to say goodbye to Laura. She also has had her despedida and left Progresso. Again, the community came to give their heartfelt thanks, love and well wishes. I personally tried to say a little and couldn't get everything I had planned to say about her out... and Besigo continually teases me about how I "fell" and started crying.. and then when she's done teasing she admits that she almost cried too - but that was my fault.

At the moment, Laura and I are in Pavones, a world famous beach for surfing. Unfortunately it isn't being to kind to us - no good waves. I am sorry for Laura - but for myself I'm not sure I could have handled surfing anyways - I am just not strong enough to get myself out there. Of course, to be completely fair, I am rather exhausted. I have been hiking all over the mountain with Laura as usual, having unusual late nights, and then on Saturday I participated in the community soccer games. I am so sore. It is so weird.. I could have run for much more time.. but my muscles were so tired. I guess I am not used to usuing all the ones you use for soccer. I almost scored twice.. like quite close.. but I it did not happen and although everyone says I played well, they also wont let me live it down.

Anyways, Laura and I need to go bike back to the place we are staying to get back in time for the family like dinner.. everyone comes when the bell is rung to eat together. It is cute. They tell me the food is good. I sure hope so.. I am starving.

more later.. either tomorrow or on Wednesday. ciao

No comments: